Training through our strategic partners
The Principles of Market Research course helps both new and experienced market research practitioners understand the full process of research from beginning to end. This online course is completed through self-paced study and covers the 13 topics of the Market Research Core Body of Knowledge (MRCBOK™).
This popular course is endorsed by all major market research and insights industry associations, and is kept up-to-date to reflect new methods and concepts in the market research industry. It offers an engaging learning experience through interactive exercises and continuous feedback, so participants can gauge their progress throughout the course.
Successful completion earns a Certificate of Program Completion and qualifies graduates for the certification designation of Qualified Professional Researcher (QPR). Research Society Members can access a 10% discount on this course.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The course is organized into 13 topics:
- Introduction to Market Research and the Research Process
- Market Research Design and Data Identification
- Sampling in Market Research
- Qualitative Market Research
- Quantitative Data Collection Methods
- Measurement and Questionnaire Design
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Advanced Analytic Techniques
- Working with Secondary Data: Syndicated and Big Data
- Communicating Research Results
- Global Market Research
- Emerging Methods and the Future of Market Research
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Market Research
- Course Benefits & Industry Testimonials
- How it Works
- Learning Objectives
- Benefits of Group Study
- Course Brochure
- Course Fees & Register by Mail or Fax
- Corporate Sponsors & Supporting Associations
- UGA and the Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
- Digital Badge Information
Continuing Education Information
Students successfully completing graded components earn 13.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from The University of Georgia and a Digital Badge. Click for details about the University of Georgia CEU.
As a graduate of the Principles of Market Research, you will be recognized by industry associations, employers, peer groups and other professionals as having mastered the core body of knowledge that forms the basis of marketing research. This recognition will help you advance in your company and the industry.
Qualified Professional Researcher: Graduates of the course (also holding membership to The Research Society (Australia) are eligible for an exemption from sitting The Research Society QPR exam. Contact the QPR Manager at +61 2 9566 3100 or by email at email@example.com for more details.
There are no required textbooks. Everything you need is built within the course eLearning platform.
Suggested Textbooks (not required)
- Malhotra, Naresh K., Essentials of Marketing Research: A Hands-On Orientation, Pearson Education: Upper Saddle River, NJ. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340182-0 (digital subscription edition)
- Chakrapani, Chuck, Analytics for Customer Insights: A Non-Technical Introduction. ©2018. ISBN: 978-0-920219-52-2 (print version recommended) or ISBN 978-0-920219-52-2 (eBook).
Included in the online course are suggested reading assignments from the above textbooks. These readings are not required and will not be part of the testing for the course. The textbooks suggestions are simply intended to add depth to your understanding of the topic.