Legislation Information - Fact Sheets
Fact sheets provide Members and Partners with an overview of legal and regulatory issues that may impact on their research practice.
The topics covered are:
- The Privacy Act 1988, APPs and Notifiable Data Breaches scheme
- Anti-discrimination law
- The Telemarketing and Research Calls Industry Standard Variation 2017
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Trade promotion lotteries (incentives)
- Legislative requirements when working with children and young people
- The Spam Act 2003
The information is general in nature and Members are advised to obtain legal advice on any specific issues of concern.
These are updated annually. The last update was April 2021.