Susan Bell Research Back to Search Results
PO Box 173
Frenchs Forest NSW, 1640 Australia
1 Cullen Street
Forestville NSW, 2087
Susan Bell Research
Our research helps organisations develop and improve their business, marketing and communications. We were established in 1994 and since then have helped hundreds of clients understand their customers, users, members, stakeholders and supporters.
- Qualitative research
- Survey research, and
- Semiotics / Discourse analysis
We have developed specialist techniques for
- Consumer (document) testing
- Sensory qualitative research, and
- Sensemaking (see below)
We are original thinkers who bring extensive knowledge of contemporary social science to our work.
We have extensive research experience in financial services, food and drink, personal care, government policy, customer and victim experiences, and with not for profits.
- Quantitative research: online, CATI, face to face.
- Qualitative research: one-on-one interviews (all methods), online qualitative research, ethnography, face-to-face focus groups, qualitative social media analysis,
- Cultural insight: semiotics and discourse analysis
Sensemaking helps us understand why people do the things they do.
Sense-making (how people make sense of things) is an active, ongoing process in which the person tries to figure out what to do, to find meaning in the situation and basically do their best under the circumstances.
We use a sense-making framework in a wide variety of - usually qualitative - projects, including customer experience, and wherever we need to gain a deep understanding of a market or category. We have particular expertise in topics that require sensitivity and sensibility e.g. victims of crime, facial scarring, and aged care.
In Financial Services, the term ‘consumer testing’ means testing a document with members of its intended audience to determine whether the document is easy for them to read, use, and understand. We are experts at this.
Research Society Members Susan Bell BA Hons, Grad Dip (Psych) Research Society Fellow QPR , Suzanne Burdon BA Hons, LTCL, Jane Gregory BA Hons, Research Society Fellow, QPR
Jane Gregory, BA Hons (English) QPR. Research Society Fellow
Suzanne Burdon BA Hons (Sociology), LTCL,
Susan Bell BA Hons (English/Linguistics) Grad Dip (Psychology), Research Society Fellow and QPR.
The Susan Bell Research team has presented papers at seminars, Research Society QRCA, and ANZMAC conferences, and conducted in-house training.
- Communication & Information Technology
- Finance & insurance services
- Food and drink
- Retail (excluding food & drink)
- Social/opinion research
- Analysis and interpretation
- Brand health
- Business to business research
- Market segmentation
- Children's research
- Corporate image / Corporate reputation
- Packaging research
- Product testing/new product development
- Readership surveys
- Service quality studies
- Group/in depth analysis and interpretation
- Group/in depth moderation
- Website evaluation
- Online interviewing
- Web surveys