Forethought Back to Search Results
Level 5, 550 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC, 3000 Australia
Since solving our first client’s marketing challenge in 1994, Forethought has grown into an international, award-winning marketing science consultancy. Aspiring to take the guesswork out of traditional research, we developed a reputation for advanced analytics and evidence-based insights.
Building a strong base in Australia, we quickly established effective research management across Asia, Europe and America. After gaining the attention of leading multinational brands and creative agencies, we expanded internationally in 2012, opening our second office in New York.
Our industry-leading Marketing Science team has been awarded patents in the USA, UK and Australia for the measurement of the rational and implicit drivers of consumer behaviour and predicted changes in market share.
We bring the rigour of science to marketing; modelling the rational and implicit emotions driving consumer behaviour and accurately predicting the effect on acquisition and retention and informing management action.
Our methods and client results have been reviewed and scrutinised by leading marketing science academics and practitioners, and were lauded in the USA-based MSI Practice Prize (2014, 2010), earning two articles in the journal of Marketing Science. Not content to be near the cutting edge of marketing strategy, Forethought is committed to continually sharpening it.
From day one, we have been diligent in developing research to best address our clients’ desired business outcomes, ensuring all methodologies are examined, proven and protected. We have made a point of partnering with clients who are ambitious and intellectually curious, so we can push the boundaries and innovate in new areas together.
We believe brand equity is future sales potential. If a brand study does not correlate strongly with changes in market share, it has not measured the brand.
We believe research should be the supportive partner of creative marketing, not its policeman. Our research methodologies allow advertisers to amplify the effectiveness of their messages in the design stage, before they reach a wide audience.
We believe that your work as a marketer empowers your organisation. In turn, our expertise empowers you to act on priority initiatives: brand, communications and experience strategy.
At Forethought, our people are our greatest asset. Distinguished by a range of academic, professional and personal backgrounds, the diversity of capability and experience within the company ensures every client challenge is effectively solved.
Regularly invited to speak locally and internationally at industry events and conferences, as well as contribute to academic journals and publications, the people at Forethought are industry thought-leaders.
Our team of 100+ inquisitive colleagues share a common purpose for our clients – to provide clarity of insight and the confidence to act through data-evidenced recommendations. We use a unique ‘pipeline’ approach to our research, where each stage is handled by a team of specialists collaborating to solve our clients’ challenges to the highest standard and with compelling clarity.
Forethought conducts customised research to deliver evidence-based solutions, informing our clients’ actions and growth pathways across industries and areas such as:
- Banking and Insurance
- Learning, Property and Enterprise
- Retail, Travel and Leisure
- Allied Health
- Business to Business
We submit our work for judgement to provide our clients with the knowledge that our work has been reviewed and deemed state-of-the-art by industry-leading practitioners. Some recent examples:
- AMSRS Innovation in Methodology Awards (2016) - Highly Commended
- MSI Practice Prize (2014, 2010) - First Runner-Up
- AMSRS Innovation in Methodology Awards (2014) - Highly Commended
- ARF Gold David Ogilvy Award for research in communications (2013) - Winner
- WARC Innovation Award for advertising research methodology (2013) - Finalist
- AMSRS Award for Innovation in Research Methods (2012) - Winner
- AMSRS Award for Commercial Effectiveness (2010) - Winner
- AMSRS Award for Social Impact (2010) - Finalist
- Australian Marketing Institute Certified Practising Marketer of the Year award, Ken Roberts (2010)
- AMSRS Award for Commercial Effectiveness (2007) - Winner
Research Society Members Gerrie Roberts, Amanda Eldridge
Diane Shelton, CEO Australia
- Communication & Information Technology
- Finance & insurance services
- International markets
- Tourism & hospitality
- Building & Construction
- Food and drink
- Retail (excluding food & drink)
- Other utilities
- Analysis and interpretation
- Mail surveys
- Brand health
- Market modelling / sales forecasting
- Business to business research
- Market segmentation
- Children's research
- Multivariate analysis
- Choice modelling
- Mystery shopping
- Non English speaking background
- Continuous tracking
- Omnibus surveys
- Corporate image / Corporate reputation
- Packaging research
- Customer satisfaction & loyalty studies
- Data processing
- Perceptual mapping
- Desk research/market analysis
- Pricing/promotions research
- Employee/staff surveys
- Product testing/new product development
- Experimental design
- Program evaluation
- Face to face interviewing
- Readership surveys
- Feasibility studies
- Retail audits
- Group room facilities
- Service quality studies
- Group/in depth analysis and interpretation
- Group/in depth moderation
- Syndicated studies
- Group/in depth recruitment
- Telephone interviewing
- Internet usage studies
- TV & radio audience measurement
- Website evaluation
- Online interviewing
- Web surveys
- Transcription services