PRESS RELEASE: MRS and The Research Society strengthen ties6th May 20
MRS (The Market Research Society) and The Research Society (Australian Market & Social Research Society) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen their existing relationship following more than 10 years of highly successful collaboration.
The new MoU means the two organisations can share expertise, resources and development costs more efficiently and effectively. Members in both countries are set to benefit from a range of new and existing initiatives created when the two associations combine their expertise and experience.
One example of the new way of working, is our collaboration on the Fair Data scheme, originally developed by the MRS who now plan to implement the Fair Data Portal developed by The Research Society in Australia. Fair Data is an important initiative to reassure consumers that the industry protects their information. The collaboration between Australia and the UK benefits both our memberships.
A critical area of activity for both the MRS and The Research Society is of course education and training, and the increased collaboration this MoU allows means more and better access to quality training materials and tools for members. An immediate example is an agreement to adapt the MRS’ Foundation Course in Market Research, launched in 2019, for Australian members.
Jane Frost CBE, Chief Executive of MRS, comments: “The cementing of MRS’ partnership with The Research Society is a brilliant example of how our international community can work together – by sharing the best initiatives and expertise from around the world, we can enhance our existing services and deliver benefits for our members.
“In the current climate, the value of quality research and evidence is growing exponentially. International collaboration and initiatives like the MRS Fair Data scheme will be critical as we seek to understand the long-term impact of the crisis on human
behaviour and to promote the value of research around the world. We look forward to working closely with our Australian partners on this and identifying more avenues for collaboration in the future.”
Elissa Molloy, Chief Executive of The Research Society, comments: “The Research Society is thrilled to have signed the MoU with the MRS, an organisation we have enjoyed a long, informal relationship with over many years. It is the right time to be taking the next step in formalising our relationship Signing the MoU adds another level of dynamism to the Research Society complementing the raft of changes we are rolling out, including of course our new name and new website, but also the raft of new and reimagined member services.
The research industry face similar challenges and offers similar opportunities around the world and our ability to work together helps spread good ideas more broadly. During the Covid-19 pandemic for instance, we have liaised closely, sharing information about ways to assist our members and partners, to protect the sector and lobby government where appropriate, to the benefit of both organisations. Our members and company and client partners will benefit from the relationship with added opportunities for training and education in particular. Importantly for the sector and our professional standing as an industry though, collaboration also helps us improve best practice across professional standards, ISO and privacy legislation.
On behalf of The Research Society I really look forward to continuing to work closely with MRS to provide the highest level of support and lots of exciting new opportunities for our members.”
Notes to Editors
- The UK is the world’s second largest research market.
- With members in more than 60 countries, MRS is the world’s leading research association.
- It has a diverse membership of individuals at all levels of experience and seniority within agencies, consultancies, support services, client-side organisations, the public sector and the academic community.
- MRS represents 80% of research agencies who commit to, and are regulated by, the MRS Code of Conduct to ensure professional and ethical research of the highest standard of excellence.
- MRS’ Covid-19 information hub is available here: https://www.mrs.org.uk/resources/coronavirus
- In 2013 MRS launched the Fair Data trust mark that demonstrates which organisations handle their customers’ personal data fairly.
- MRS is the global leader in research qualifications and training.
About The Research Society
- The Research Society is the leading research association in Australia.
- It supports the careers of research professionals with specialist training and professional qualification (QPR), professional membership, mentoring, networking opportunities and research awards.
- The Research Society partners with research agencies and end-client organisations that commission research, in commercial and government sectors, and provides additional organisational discounts and benefits to them as well as included individual membership for their employees.
- The Research Society is underpinned by a strong ethical Code of Professional Behaviour for its individual members and company and client partners that aligns with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- It supports company partners to certify to globally recognised ISO standards and it has exclusive rights in Australia to the Fair Data program that ensures companies collect, store and use the general public’s personal data and information in line with Australian Privacy and EU GDPR requirements.
- The Research Society is a founding member of the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) that links 45 research associations globally.
For further information, please contact:
Harriet Crosby / Matthew Evans
+44 (0)20 7636 7366
Australian Media Contacts:
Jackie Hanafie on 0412 652 439 or email@example.com or
Julia Macerola on 0422 337 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.