PRESS RELEASE: GRBN Global Trust Survey to explore impact of COVID-1914th Apr 20
14 April 2020
GRBN Global Trust Survey to explore impact of COVID-19
The Global Research Business Network (GRBN) is partnering with ten national research associations from across the globe, including the AMSRS in Australia (link to ResearchNewsLive story), to update the GRBN Global Trust Survey which was last conducted in 2018.
The research measures the level of public trust in research companies compared with a range of other organisations and sectors. This year, it will provide valuable insight into how trust in the market and social research sector, alongside others including government and media, has been affected by the COVID-19 health and economic emergency.
This GBRN Global Trust Survey is just one of the ways that the international research community is working together to navigate the current crisis. From joint online training and education programmes, to sharing best practice and professional-standards expertise, associations within GRBN are putting collaboration at the heart of their strategy to support their members and partners during this period.
Andrew Cannon, Executive Director at The Global Research Business Network, comments: “This survey and its findings will be the result of a collective global effort and will provide important insight into how perceptions of the research sector have changed since 2018 and the impact of COVID-19 specifically. International cooperation is more important than ever, and we thank all of the associations and commercial partners who have come together to make it happen.”
Elissa Molloy CEO of AMSRS, comments: “The health and wellbeing of our local and global research community is top of mind for us at the moment and the AMSRS values this opportunity to once again collaborate with our international association partners through GRBN in the Global Trust Survey. Insights will be important to our recovery and we sincerely thank GRBN for their support of the global research community.”
Notes to Editors
- Global Research Business Network connects 45 research associations and over 3500 research businesses on six continents.
- More than US$25 billion in annual research revenues (turnover) are generated by these businesses.
- GRBN’s mission is to promote and advance the business of research by developing and supporting strong autonomous national research associations.
About the AMSRS
- The Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS) is the peak body for research professionals in Australasia. It has a diverse membership of over 2000 individuals at all levels of experience and seniority within agencies, consultancies, support services, client-side organisations, the public sector and the academic community. The AMSRS also has more than 80 company and client-side organisational partners.
- AMSRS research professionals and company partners commit to and are regulated by the Society’s Code of Professional Behaviour. The Society provides a suite of professional and quality standards designed for the research, insights and analytics industry.
- The AMSRS offers training, professional development and accreditation programs for research professionals within agencies, consultancies, client-side organisations, the non-profit and government sectors, institutions and academics in the Asia-Pacific region.