CEO UPDATE: New Initiatives - Post COVID-19 Lockdown Guidance for FTF research & The 2020 Research Awards Launched18th May 20
As we continue to move through this current situation, we continue our commitment to providing the support, help and resources that our Members and Partners need during this time of crisis and into recovery.
Post Covid-19 Lockdown Guidance: Minimising Risk in Face to Face Data Collection
As Australia moves to a new phase in handling the COVID-19 pandemic, Members may wish to consider the use of face to face data collection for future projects.
When doing so, Members are urged to consider very carefully their responsibilities towards the general public, researchers, interviewers and moderators working with them and their clients.
This guidance covers the following topics:
- Research design and risk minimisation
- Requirements for researchers, interviewers and moderators
- Requirements when conducting recruitment of participants for face to face data collection
- General requirements during face to face data collection of all types
- Requirements for door to door data collection
- Requirements for central location data collection
- Requirements for venues used for face to face data collection, including group rooms
- Links to websites – federal and state health related sites and general working safely with COVID-19 sites.
Please read the full advice on the Research Society website -https://researchsociety.com.au/news/post-covid-19-lockdown-guidance-minimising-risk-in-face-to-face-data-collection
COVID-19 & Free Member Resources:
Our new website has 3 new pages of resources
1. COVID-19 Related information - information, government advice and support tools for research professionals and organisations.
2. Free member resources – Reading, courses, podcasts to enjoy while social distancing.
3. Showcasing COVID-19 research - Research conducted by Members and Partners.
You can find them here: https://researchsociety.com.au/stay-informed/covid-19/covid-19
Member Virtual Catch up Meeting – Wednesday 20 May at 2.30pm
Every fortnight feel free to join us for an informal chat to touch base “in person” with your peers. We cover a topic of interest, focused on direct member feedback and this Wednesday 20 May is your chance to talk to the Research Society President Vicki Arbes, Vice-President Tiina Raikko and CEO Elissa Molloy. Learn about new Research Society initiatives; and chat about how the Board and Society can support you, the profession and the research sector. This session will have lots of time for questions and member discussion.https://researchsociety.com.au/events/event/amsrs-members-virtual-catch-up200820
Research Awards Launched today
We are thrilled to launch our new suite of awards for the research sector - the Research Awards - that includeResearch Effectiveness Awards (Consumer Insight/ Public Policy/Social Impact & Technology & Innovation);Young Researcher of the Year and Research Organisation of the Year awards . The Research Awards provide a platform for researchers and research organisations to showcase the innovative, exciting and highly influential work that we do that has a measurable impact on business and social policy planning. The Awards are now open – visit www.researchawards.com.au for more information or read the media release here: https://researchsociety.com.au/news/the-research-society-announces-research-awards-2020
JobKeeper Payment Update
The ATO portal to apply for the Job Keeper Payment is now opened. You (or your accountant) need to apply through the ATO’s Business Portal, in ATO online services using myGov if you are a sole trader or through a registered tax or BAS agent. An updated JobKeeper Payment guide from the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) can be found here.
Thank you again for your time this week, if you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to call us.
We are here to support our Members, Partners and the research sector.
Elissa Molloy, CEO, The Research Society