Australia’s peak body for research rebrands to The Research Society4th May 20
MEDIA RELEASE: 4 MAY 2020:
Australia’s peak body for research, insights and analytics today unveils its new name – The Research Society.
The organisation formerly known as the Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS), has over 2000 members and 80 company and client partners, and has been Australia’s leading research and insights community for 65 years.
Every decision across government, business and not for profit sectors affecting Australians in every aspect of their lives is informed by high quality research conducted by our members. And never more so than right now when high quality up to the minute information is critical to our community.
The Research Society ensures the industry works to the highest standards and protects the interests of Australians who participate, as well as those who design and conduct research, by setting and enforcing a stringent Code of Professional Behaviour, as well as providing ongoing training to the research sector.
The Research Society’s chief executive Elissa Molloy said the rebrand provides a fresh contemporary look and feel to complement the suite of new ways in which the organisation supports research professionals and partner organisations.
“As the leading Australian research and insights community for over 65 years, we know this is the best time to refresh our look and bring on new services to reflect a changing world and to support our members in their careers,” Ms Molloy said.
“We have some 2000 individual research professional members and over 80 partner organisations that include research agencies and end-client organisations that commission research in commercial and government sectors.
“We provide discounts and benefits to them and include individual membership for their employees. Everything we do at The Research Society is designed to promote, protect, connect and develop members and partner organisations.
“Our rebrand and the raft of new opportunities and services we are introducing reinforces our confidence in the smart creative research industry we support. New services we are launching over the coming months include: mentoring, live and on-demand online training, networking and conferences (including digital conferences), accreditation and a new suite of research awards all designed to reflect the dynamism of our industry,” Ms Molloy said.
About The Research Society:
- The Research Society is the leading research association in Australia.
- It supports the careers of research professionals with specialist training and professional qualification (QPR), professional membership, mentoring, networking opportunities and research awards.
- The Research Society partners with research agencies and end-client organisations that commission research, in commercial and government sectors, and provides additional organisational discounts and benefits to them as well as included individual membership for their employees.
- The Research Society is underpinned by a strong ethical Code of Professional Behaviour for its individual members and company and client partners that aligns with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- It supports company partners to certify to globally recognised ISO standards and it has exclusive rights in Australia to the Fair Data program that ensures companies collect, store and use the general public’s personal data and information in line with Australian Privacy and EU GDPR requirements.
- The Research Society is a founding member of the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) that links 45 research associations globally.