Fundamentals of Quantitative Research - March 2022
THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT
If you would like to be placed on a waitlist or lodge an expression for the next session of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also email this address to ask about running an in-house or custom version of this course for your team.
This course provides an introduction to the role and basic methods of quantitative research.
It offers an overview of how quantitative research can help solve marketing and business problems, what methods of quantitative research are available and how to choose which method is the more appropriate.
On completion, participants should have a good understanding of:
• The quantitative research process
• The difference between quantitative and qualitative research and how the two approaches can support each other
• The key concepts in quantitative research design including sampling, questionnaire design, data collection methods, fieldwork issues etc
• The range of quantitative data collection methods available
• How to design a quantitative study to meet a specific client/research objective
• Analysis and presentation of quantitative findings.
Day 1: 17 March 12 noon - 4 pm
An Introduction to Quantitative Research
- What is quantitative research?
- Why conduct quantitative research?
- How is quantitative research different to qualitative research?
Quantitative research design considerations
Learn about the building blocks of designing a quantitative research project and why they are so critical to the success of the outcome.
This section will cover:
- Sampling & survey error
- Questionnaire design
- Survey costs
Quantitative data collection methods
- Explores the evolving range of data collection methods and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- The focus will be how to choose from both traditional quantitative collection methods, such as face to face, telephone, web surveys and recent variants of the traditional methods
Day 2: 18 March 12 noon - 4 pm
An introduction to professional standards and the Research Society Code of Professional Behaviour
Quantitative data analysis
- Putting it all together – how to draw conclusions from quantitative data.
Derek is the founder and principal of D&M Research, and maintains an active role in consulting on projects, developing proprietary techniques, mentoring and bridging the gap between research findings and client decision making. Derek was formally educated as a Psychologist at University of New South Wales and has the additional qualification of Qualified Professional Researcher from The Research Society.
He is a regular presenter of research findings to clients, as well as national and international conferences. He is often asked to comment on his social research in the press including newspapers and radio.
Derek is a seasoned educator for The Research Society and guest lecturer at University of New South Wales and Western Sydney University.
Monica has recently joined Instinct and Reason as Head of Consulting, Australia. Monica’s experience in marketing and market research spans over 25 years, with client and agency experience, across all methodologies and sectors, both domestically and internationally.
Prior to moving to Instinct and Reason, Monica was Research Director at Australia Online Research for 10½ years. Monica has also held previous roles at Roy Morgan Research, Clorox, McKinsey and Morgan Stanley.
Monica is a QPR accredited member of The Research Society and holds an MBA from Kellogg and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Math-Economics from Brown University.
If you are not a member and want to take up this great offer, please email us your interest and queries to email@example.com *Membership Deal applies to new members who have never had previous membership.
17th Mar 22 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
18th Mar 22 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
NSW | ACT | VIC | TAS: 12 noon - 4:00 pm
QLD: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
SA: 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
NT: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
WA: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
5-10 min before start time
your device online
Member Price: AU $ 250.00
Non-member Price: AU $ 750
Your Price: AU $ 750.00
Are you logged in to show your membership price?
Need some help?
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
Registrations Open: 12th Oct 21 12:00 AM
Registrations Close: 3rd Mar 22 11:55 AM