The Research Society engages and connects the research community by creating networking opportunities for research professionals across Australia.
Conferences - there is an annual 2 day face to face conference every year that alternates between Sydney and Melbourne. This year, due to COVID-19, the Melbourne Conference on 6 & 7 August has been postponed until May 2021. In its place, the Research Society will run a Digital Conference in August 2020. The Research Society also runs annual state conferences in ACT and WA.
Events and Functions - The Research Society hosts various networking and event functions throughout the year in each state division.
Special Interest Groups and Networks - the Society facilitates the following special interest groups and networks who meet regularly in person and via online email and community groups to develop learning opportunities, discuss issues and network with peers
- Clients Networking Group (CNG)
- Government and Social Researchers Network (GSRN)
- Independent Researchers Group (IRG)
- Qualitative Recruiters Group (QRG)
- Young Researchers Network (YRN)
Events with our Strategic Partners - the Research Society sponsors and supports events of our strategic partners:
- Ashton Media and the 360 Symposium (postponed until Oct 2020 due to COVID-19)
- The annual AES/ Research Society Symposium (postponed in April 2020 due to COVID-19)
- Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) Annual Conference (hosted by the Research Society in 2019)
- Women in Research (Wire) events in Australia
Online and email communication platforms - such as Grapevine groups.
Mentoring - The Research Society offers a mentoring program to increase researchers’ skills and confidence to become business leaders. The Research Society Mentoring Program enables research mentees to draw on the skills and experience of more senior practitioners to power their potential through facilitated training and purpose-matched and supported partnerships. We believe the Mentoring Program is an important part of professional development for employees. It gives more senior researchers the opportunity to assist less experienced researchers.
ReseachNewsLive - Blog and weekly e-newsletter with all the latest research news from the Research Society community.
LinkedIn and social media platforms - Connect with us through our LinkedIn community of 3,000+ members which is a dynamic forum for discussion and debate. Keep up to date through social media.