Research News June - August 2020
Message from The Research Society President
On 4 May we rebranded from the AMSRS to The Research Society. We are very excited about this. It gives our association the fresh dynamic look and feel that reflects the industry we serve.
After wide consultation and lots of ideas, the Board decided that in our 65th year we needed to refresh and re-align our association with the dramatic changes taking place in the industry. The rebrand is not just a fresh new look; it will be accompanied by a raft of new initiatives designed to move the organisation from one focused on individual members conducting market and social research, to a more contemporary association with wide global links, designed for the research, insights and data industries. Our clear goal is to provide the benefits and services our members need to grow their careers and their businesses.
We have five initiatives that we are rolling out in the coming weeks:
- Research Awards 2020 - celebrating research, researchers and research companies dedicated to improving business outcomes through high quality work and research, best practice and high standards of service and innovative thinking
- Mentoring - offering opportunities for researchers to increase skills and confidence to become business leaders
- On demand learning - more opportunities to enhance your skills in your own time via recorded seminars and masterclasses, professional standards and recorded webinars, national Conference videos
- A digital conference - bringing you the best in thought leadership from home and abroad
- Access to discounted strategic partner training - experience the training and conferences our strategic partners host with discounted access to their offerings.
We know this has been an unexpected and stressful time for a lot of you and the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown us challenges no one could have predicted. On our website we have COVID-19 resources and guidance for FTF data collection; we have provided a suite of free resources and we are showcasing the incredible work that our research sector is doing in researching COVID-19. We are also lobbying government to increase their research spend and to promote the value of research.
Social and buyer behaviour has changed in so many ways and there has never been a better time to uncover meaningful insights. We look forward to working with you over the coming months as we all navigate the “new normal.”
Dr. Vicki Arbes, President, The Research Society
Ways to contribute to Research News
- Act as a guest editor
- Participate in the Invited Commentary section
- Write by-lined feature or opinion articles
- Contribute to or sponsor regular columns
- Share your company news or career moves
- Advertise your business
- Sponsor an edition
How to contribute or advertise
Download the Contributor & Advertising Guide
This link contains information on rates, deadlines, themes, advertising info, specifications and guidelines
Upload your contribution
Use this link to submit your article in the upcoming edition of Research News.
Book your advertisement
Use this link to book your advertisement or insert in the upcoming edition of Research News.
Editorial & Advertising Enquiries
Phone: 02 9566 3100
Disclaimer: The information contained in Research News articles has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but The Research Society is in no way responsible for factual errors. The inclusion of product reviews or coverage of any person or company in no way implies any form of endorsement by The Research Society. The views expressed are not necessarily the views of The Research Society nor its members.