InSites Consulting Back to Search Results
Level 5, 241 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW, 2000 Australia
InSites Consulting Australia, previously Direction First, was founded in 1997 with a focus on consumer collaboration for the advancement of brands. The Sydney-based branch leverages the global experience and innovation-focus of 600+ people across 17 offices (including Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Paris, London and New York).
InSites Consulting is globally recognised as a pioneer in empowering people through new technology to drive better and faster decision making. The Sydney team was awarded ‘Best Paper’ at The Research Society (then AMSRS) Conference 2019 for its ground-breaking project with Nestlé Australia.
InSites Consulting serves the consumer insight needs of more than a third of the world’s best global (and local) brands such as eBay, Ferrero, IKEA, L’Oréal and Unilever. Through its Global Community Moderator Network, the agency services clients on a global scale in more than 50 countries.
We empower people to shape the future of brands:
- Our state-of-the-art technology and proprietary research platforms empower clients to make better and faster decisions anytime, anywhere.
- We mix qualitative and quantitative, implicit and explicit techniques to offer a fully hybrid solution.
- Our thinking on the future of marketing, research and consumers fuels our mission to help brands get to the future first.
Research Society Members Erica van Lieven
Erica van Lieven - Managing Director InSites Consulting Australia
Erica has been a leader and innovator in the market research industry for over 20 years. She founded the award-winning, Sydney-based agency Direction First in 1997. Her expertise, training and commercial acumen underpinned the agency’s agility, future-focus and collaborative approach. Previously Erica worked for 15 years client-side in FMCG, across executive roles in marketing, innovation and business.
Direction First joined forces with InSites Consulting in 2017, representing the first office in the Asia-Pacific region for the Belgian-founded company.
A regular contributor to industry conferences, Erica is committed to the continuing evolution of market research services. Her views and expertise are frequently sought in the fields of insights, marketing, technology and the future of business. She is not only passionate about uncovering meaningful insights, but also activating insights; ensuring they live and breathe in an organisation.
Since 2015, Erica has been on the global board of Women In Research (WIRe), a professional development organisation for women in market research, working across four continents. Erica also presently sits on The Research Society editorial panel.
- Communication & Information Technology
- Finance & insurance services
- International markets
- Tourism & hospitality
- Building & Construction
- Food and drink
- Retail (excluding food & drink)
- Social/opinion research
- Other utilities
- Analysis and interpretation
- Mail surveys
- Brand health
- Market modelling / sales forecasting
- Business to business research
- Market segmentation
- Children's research
- Multivariate analysis
- Choice modelling
- Mystery shopping
- Non English speaking background
- Continuous tracking
- Omnibus surveys
- Packaging research
- Customer satisfaction & loyalty studies
- Perceptual mapping
- Desk research/market analysis
- Pricing/promotions research
- Employee/staff surveys
- Product testing/new product development
- Experimental design
- Face to face interviewing
- Readership surveys
- Feasibility studies
- Service quality studies
- Group/in depth analysis and interpretation
- Group/in depth moderation
- Syndicated studies
- Group/in depth recruitment
- Telephone interviewing
- Internet usage studies
- Online interviewing
- Web surveys