JWS Research Back to Search Results
PO Box 2575
Caulfield Junction VIC, 3161 Australia
JWS Research is an independent, Australian-owned research firm that specialises in social and policy issues and communications research.
Established a decade ago, JWS Research has grown quickly to become an industry leader and one of the most respected firms in Australia for providing research-based advice to the government and business sectors, particularly on complex and challenging issues. Our team has extensive and varied experience in comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research programs to inform and support communications and community engagement campaigns, policy development and understanding community views on difficult or controversial matters.
JWS Research is an ideal research partner because:
- We bring a team of researchers with a wealth of experience in designing and administering robust methodological designs. Our experience extends to all levels of government including many large-scale, logistically complex research projects delivered to tight timeframes and deadlines.
- We commit to having senior research personnel working directly on all aspects of the project ensures the experience to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the highest quality in a clear and compelling manner
- We provide strategic advice and direction, rather than simply providing the “numbers” or “quotes”. We see every research program as an opportunity to partner with our clients and provide them with a roadmap for strategic planning and success.
- We mitigate risk through experience, capability and quality assurance. JWS Research prides itself on upholding the highest quality standards and is a member of AMSRO and ISO 20252 certified. Our senior research team members are full members of The Research Society and Mark Zuker, one of JWS Research’s principals, is a Research Society Fellow and a member of the AMSRO management and quality committees.
What we do
Our clients include all levels of Government alongside corporates and industry organisations, particularly those wanting to achieve or resist regulatory change. Clients also regularly engage our services when seeking to engage stakeholders, reinforce or seek new strategic direction and enhance their corporate image. We work closely with engaged consultants, including advertising agencies, to deliver strategic advice based on applying the most appropriate research tools to any given situation, drawing on expertise across a diverse array of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
JWS Research also provides project management services managing large-scale, and logistically difficult quantitative and qualitative fieldwork exercises in Australia and globally.
Our services include:
- Understanding attitudes and behaviours
- Brand positioning research
- Community opinion and satisfaction
- Communications and engagement research
- Policy development and strategy research
- Reputation and issues management research
- Government relations and advocacy research
What makes us different
Through our work with corporates, not for profits and all levels of government across Australia, we are well placed to adapt to changing issues landscapes.
JWS Research has developed an integrated project management methodology enabling us to remain at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment is to take a targeted, team approach. By being inclusive with the client, we ensure that insights are provided on time, on budget and to specification.
Some research companies will only provide you with numbers and charts and potentially some very basic word descriptions of the data. The JWS point of difference is that we provide you with strategic reporting and interpretation of the result, including thorough interrogation of the reasoning and drivers for responses.
Research Society Members John Scales, Mark Zuker QPR, Jessica Lai QPR, Katrina Cox QPR, Katherine Whiteley QPR
John Scales - The founder of JWS Research, John is a senior researcher with more than 30 years of experience. He has extensive commercial and public affairs research expertise and is quoted regularly and extensively in the media as a leading source on public opinion.
Mark Zuker - Managing Director - Mark has over 30 years' experience in Market Research covering methodological implementation, strategic insight, data processing and large-scale, logistically difficult project management. Mark is QPR accredited, an Research Society fellow and a member of the industry Quality committee and the AMSRO management committee.
Jessica Lai - Research Director - Jessica has almost 20 years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative research and understands how to develop actionable findings having designed and run complex, large-scale research and communications projects in more than 35 countries.
Katrina Cox - Director of Client Services - Katrina is a customer focused market research professional with more than 20 years of experience understanding brand and reputational risk in the corporate environment, having been a part of the inner workings of two Top 20 ASX listed companies, Transurban and Origin.
- Communication & Information Technology
- Finance & insurance services
- Tourism & hospitality
- Building & Construction
- Food and drink
- Retail (excluding food & drink)
- Social/opinion research
- Other utilities
- Analysis and interpretation
- Mail surveys
- Brand health
- Business to business research
- Market segmentation
- Multivariate analysis
- Non English speaking background
- Continuous tracking
- Corporate image / Corporate reputation
- Customer satisfaction & loyalty studies
- Data processing
- Perceptual mapping
- Desk research/market analysis
- Employee/staff surveys
- Product testing/new product development
- Program evaluation
- Face to face interviewing
- Group room facilities
- Service quality studies
- Group/in depth analysis and interpretation
- Group/in depth moderation
- Telephone interviewing
- TV & radio audience measurement
- Website evaluation
- Online interviewing
- Web surveys