VIC: Fundamentals of Quantitative Research
26th Oct 20
This course provides both an introduction and a refresher to the role and basic methods of quantitative research. It offers an overview of how quantitative research can help solve marketing and business problems, what methods of quantitative research are available and how to choose which is the most appropriate.
Those who are new to quantitative research (on the buyer or supplier side) or those seeking a refresher in preparing for the QPR assessment.
On completion, participants should have a good understanding of:
- The quantitative research process
- The difference between quantitative and qualitative and how the two approaches can support each other
- The key concepts in research design including sampling, questionnaire design, data collection methods, fieldwork issues etc
- The range of quantitative data collection methods and the relative advantages and disadvantages of each
- How to design a quantitative study to meet a specific client/research objective
- Analysis and presentation of quantitative findings
An Introduction to Quantitative Research
- What is quantitative research?
- Why conduct quantitative research?
- How is quantitative research different to qualitative research?
Quantitative research design considerations
Learn about the building blocks of designing a quantitative research project and why they are so critical to the success of the outcome.
This section will cover:
- Sampling & survey error
- Questionnaire design
- Survey costs
Quantitative data collection methods
- Explores the evolving range of data collection methods and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- The focus will be how to choose from both traditional quantitative collection methods, such as face to face, telephone, web surveys and recent variants of the traditional methods.
An introduction to professional standards and the Research Society Code of Professional Behaviour
- This section explores the problem of declining response rates and what as an industry we can do encourage participation in market and social research projects.
Quantitative data analysis
- Putting it all together –how to draw conclusions from quantitative data.
Date: 26th Oct 20
NSW | ACT | VIC | TAS: 8.30am-9.30am (Registration)
10-15 min before start time
Tonic House, 386 Flinders Lane, Melbourne 3000
Member Price: AU $ 250.00
Non-member Price: AU $ 750
Your Price: AU $ 750.00
Registrations Open: 19th May 20 12:00 AM
Registrations Close: 27th Oct 20 11:59 PM