ACT CONFERENCE: Evidence, insights and beyond: Enhancing Government policies, programs and services
Do you want to know how to enhance Government policies, programs and services by translating fit-for-purpose evidence into meaningful insights, and applying them in way that is sensitive to the current strategic environment?
Then this one-day conference is for you!
The industry body, The Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS) is convening a full-day conference in Canberra on Tuesday 22 October 2019. The 2019 conference will explore how to enhance Government policies, programs and services by collecting and translating fit-for-purpose evidence into meaningful insights and applying them in a way that is sensitive to the current strategic environment.
The conference will have a broad appeal, including to:
* Public servants with responsibility for the design, implementation and/or evaluation of Government policies, programs and services
* Consultants, academics, and members of the not-for-profit sector who support Government through using evidence and insights to achieve good outcomes.
The conference is being designed so that attendees will get the following benefits:
*Learning how evidence and insights can enhance Government policies, programs and services, and hear compelling case studies where this has happened
* Hearing from senior thought leaders about the strategic context that affects us all, and what we can do to have an impact within this context
* Creating important linkages with experts across the public sector, academia and the private and not-for-profit sectors to help you deliver more impact.
The following keynote speakers have been engaged to appeal to a wide range of delegates, particularly to public sector attendees:
* Dr Gordon de Brouwer PSM (IPAA National President, and APS Review panellist) - talking about implications for the Review on the APS, including in relation to the use of evidence etc
* Penny Dakin (CEO, Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth) will discuss the role and nature of innovation to improve outcomes
* Brian Lee-Archer (Managing Director, Accenture, Govt and Health practice) - talking about data-driven, fit-for-purpose policy and service delivery design and implementation
* Nicholas Gruen (CEO, Lateral Economics) - talking about undertaking rigorous and meaningful research and evaluations to inform the business of Government
* Kelly Hand (Deputy Director (Research), Australian Institute of Family Studies) - talking about the latest insights on Australian families' work and transitions, and their implications
AMSRS members - $500
Non-AMSRS members - $750
For further information please email email@example.com.
Date: 22nd Oct 19
National Convention Centre - 31 Constitution Ave, Canberra ACT
Member Price: $500.00
Non-member Price: AU $ 750
Your Price: AU $ 750.00
Registrations Open: 10th Sep 18 12:00 AM